Saturday, July 14, 2012

More Mud

I was able to spend a little time throwing (attempting to throw) some pots this morning. I woke up at 5:30 so I thought this was an excellent time for pottery. 

 I continue to have some difficulty with making functional items. Things are either warped, to small, or for lack of better terms, just plain ugly.

 However, today I was able to make a few things that have the potential to be useful items. I don't own a kiln so I take my pottery to a town 20-30 minutes away for firing. Currently that isn't a problem for me, I think trying to be a skilled potter and worrying about the firing process would be a bit much. I'm hoping I can drop these pots off and glaze the ones I recently had bisque fired. :) I think a constant stream of firing and glazing will continue to keep me interested.

Even at 5:30 in the morning a critic lurks.

1 comment:

  1. 5:30 am is a great time for creative projects! I don't think you have a critic in that pictures as much as you have someone thinking - "I think I could fit in that!"
    ~Jil

    ReplyDelete