Thursday, December 13, 2012

Bamboo Art

 
A few months ago I spent the afternoon altering a bamboo pole. I used paints, papers, fabric, yarn and ribbon to embellish the bamboo for the purpose of making a decorative piece of  wall art. Andrew loved it so much he thought the most appropriate place for it was his room. I think he was right on this one.
The process was a little time consuming because there were so many different designs and alterations to the pole but I love the randomness. It's always so therapeutic to immerse yourself in something that requires nothing more than your creativity. Next time you desire to be creative but don't have a plan make a trip outside, you never know what can spark inspiration. Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I love how this turned out! And I love that Andrew wanted it in his room. It looks like some sort of tribal weapon hanging over his bed. :)

    I hope you make more of these.
    ~Jil

    ReplyDelete