Sunday, January 6, 2013

Meet Amelia





So another feline has found there way into our home. Actually, it's more like I needed another cat and she happened to be the one who picked me, in a matter of speaking. Regardless, this is Amelia Earhart, maybe not world traveled but from a neighboring county. I began my quest shortly after Alexander Hamilton decided he should return to his original home (that's what I'm telling myself) and bid us a fond farewell.

Amelia was placed into a drop box at a nearby shelter on Thanksgiving day. Not a great way to begin a holiday devoted to thankfulness.  I found her on a website and decided to go check her out.
With so many felines to choose from and not knowing her from anything other than a picture once might assume I would have a difficult time making a decision. NOPE. She was definitely the one for me. She was very friendly, a much needed change from the "others", no offense kids and she was starved for affection. Not that most all of the captives aren't in that sort of environment. A little background on the way animals are acquired in our house. It's always a covert operation carried out by myself and one never knows when a mission will surface. This wasn't any different.
The only reason I think this went as smoothly as it did was because Jacob decided to ask his girlfriend to marry him. Needless to say, a kitten served little more than a distraction and not so much an issue.
Apparently Margarite needed her more than we did. She thinks she has a new baby! So even though this isn't a craft post per se, it was definitely a work of craftiness. If you are finding yourself needing something a little more inspiring might I suggest this video gallery on Sakura's website. Happy "crafting".

1 comment:

  1. What a photogenic angel! I love that second picture of Amelia and the black and white one of her being cuddled by Margarite. How sweet.

    When will Amelia be coming to visit us at work next?
    ~Jil

    ReplyDelete